Table of Contents
Description 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Purpose
1.3 Definition, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
1.5 Technologies to be used.
2.0 Overall Description
2.1 Product Perspective
2.2 Software Interface
2.3 Hardware Interface
2.4 Product Function
2.5 User Characteristics
2.7 Architecture Design
2.8 Use Case Model Description
2.9 Class Diagram
2.10 Sequence Diagrams
2.11 Database Design
2.11.1 ER Diagram .
2.11.2 Data Dictionary.
2.12 Assumptions and Dependencies
3.0 Specific Requirements
3.1 Use Case Reports
3.2 Supplementary Requirements
Software Requirements Specification
This document contains specific requirements of our project Work to worker -services to the unorganized sector. Our project is a web based solution to solve the problem of the unorganized sector such as masons, carpenters, gardener etc. It is an approach to reduce unemployment and also make finding right people for the right job much more easier. Objective of this system is to provide work to the workers and solution is focused on the unorganized sector . In this web based innovative solution, the worker registers himself for a particular skill/skills that he is good at, the profile of the worker is visible to all the general public who look to avail services of some kind, so using this system general public or organized sector (includes contractors) can select the worker as per their need. Now as the general public selects a particular worker for some work, our system sends notification to the worker in concern about the work and the customer details like his address and name. The general public /contractors can give feedback about the worker in the fields of his dedication, behavior, habits etc ,through the system, to ensure better services every time.
1.1 Purpose: The purpose of this SRS is to define the overall functionality of our project . It specifies all the requirement parameters needed to implement our project. The basic purpose of our project is to help the unorganized sector in getting work. They register for a particular skill or skills and later receive work updates. Further, this project also helps general public and organized sector (contractors) in getting various workers of unorganized sector at one place. It provides general public and organized sector (contractors) with choice of workers. This project also focuses on providing worker the necessary information regarding their rights, governmental scheme , health care ,etc.
1.2 Scope: Work to Worker is a Web-based solution through which worker (s) registered them selves for a specific skill. Using this system general public or organized sector user can select the worker(s) as per their need. This Online System that is to be developed provides the members(workers) with jobs information(work), online applying for jobs and many other facilities. The work for worker System is supposed to have the following features.
** Administration Panel:
* The job board is highly configurable and there are many possibilities for running the job board. The administration panel consists of a set of web pages where they can:
* Approve / Disapprove / Edit / Delete job(work) postings.
* Approve / Disapprove / Edit accounts with the click of a button.
* View / Edit / Delete resumes.
* View/Edit/Delete Emails.
* View/Edit/Delete event notifications.
* Can take action according to the reports by registered members of the website.
* Live statistics.
* Advanced content management system
** Job Seeker’s Area:
* Jobs seekers(workers) can register.
* They manage their Job Alerts.
* They can also manage their work calendars and service charges.
* Job seekers can manage other things associated with their accounts .
* Workers can further search for work from specific locality.
** Customer’s Area:
* Agencies can sign-up and browse job seekers (workers).
* Manage their advertisements (job postings).
* Additionally, job seekers can submit their profile and manage other things associated with their account.
* Provide feedback about work and workers
1.3 Definitions, Acronyms, and Abbreviations:
• HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language): It is used to create static web pages.
• JSP (Java Server Pages): It is used to create dynamic web content.
• J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition): It is a programming platform, belonging to the Java platform, which is used for developing and running distributed java applications.
• WASCE (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition): It is an application server that runs and supports the J2EE and the web service applications.
• WSAD (WebSphere Studio Application Developer ): It is a designer toolkit which is designed to develop more complex projects by providing a complete dynamic web service.
• DB2 (IBM Database 2): It is a database management system that provides a flexible and efficient database platform to raise a strong “on demand” business applications.
• HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol): It is a transaction oriented client/ server protocol between a web browser and a web server
• XML (Extensible Markup Language): It is a markup language that was designed to transport and store data. • Ajax (Asynchronous Java Script and XML): It is a technique used in java script to create dynamic web pages
• Web 2.0: It is commonly associated with web applications which facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design and collaboration on the World Wide Web.
1) Database system concepts (6th ed.) McGraw-Hill publication by avi silberschatz, henry f .korth, s sudarshan
2) Use case modeling by Kurt Bittner.
3) Java in a nutshell by David Flangan.
4) O‟ REILY‟s software development
5) IBM Red Books.
1.5 Technologies to be used:
• J2EE: (Servlet, JSP, JAXP, Java Beans) Application
• JAVA: Application architecture.
• WASCE: (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition) Web Server
• DB2: IBM Database.
• Ajax: Asynchronous Java Script and XML.
• XML: Extension Markup Language.
• Web 2.0: RSS Feed 2.0.
• RAD 7.0: Development tool.
• Localization: 3 Languages – Hindi, Kannada, and English
1.6 Overview: The SRS include two sections, namely: -I- Overall Description: This section will describe major components of the system, interconnections, and external interfaces. -I- Specific Requirements: This section will describe the functions of actors, their roles in the system and the constraints faced by the system.
2.0 Overall Description:
2.1 Product Perspective: The product is not a follow up to any other product and is a self contained innovation of IBM. It is built using all IBM technologies. The main features of our product are:
1. Secure registration of users (workers) and customers (general public/ organized sector user).
2. Workers are classified into various groups.
3. State can be modified by feedback system .
4. Profile management facilities for both laborers and customers.
5. Chat/mail/SMS services (in English and Hindi).
6. Customer can make community for reference purpose etc.
7. Customers can give their feedback for workers who worked for them.
8. Workers can view details of the project in particular location
2.2 Software Interface:
* Front End Client:
* Web Server:
WASCE (WebSphere Application Server Community Edition) WebServer.
* Data Base Server:
* Back End:
Web 2.0, RSS Feeds 2.0
2.3 Hardware Interface:
** Client Side:
o 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, any OS
o A web application can function across various platforms on minimum configurations required to run a web application which all contemporary workstation provide
** Server Side:
* Minimum requirements for installing IBM DB2:
o All Intel & AMD processors capable of running 32-bit or 64-bit OS
o 512 MB RAM and an additional ram per 5 client connections
o 3GB of Hard Disk space
* Minimum requirements for installing Web Sphere:
o All Intel & AMD processors capable of running 32-bit or 64-bit OS
o 375 MHz processor
o 2 GB RAM
o 6 GB of Hard Disk space
2.4 Product Functions:. Functional Requirements:
** Our website provides a platform for workers and costumers to interact on work basis It gives unorganized sector a organized feel and look.
** Workers are classified on the basis of their skills
** All the users will be able to customize their profile as per their choice with the help of manage profile settings option.
** Worker can maintain the work calendar.
** Worker can view information of project (organized sector) in particular location.
** Worker is ranked (feedback) by customer after every work .His ranking specifies his skill level, so a quality check.
** Awareness is provided to workers regarding their rights, governmental schemes ,health care(AIDS, STD, communicable diseases, etc) .
** Organized sector (contractors) can form /register his worker groups
* Secure access of confidential data (user‟s details).
* 24 X 7 availability
* Better component design to get better performance at peak time
* Flexible service based architecture for future extension
2.5 User Characteristics: Following are various users of our website:
* Administrator:- Administrator can perform any the task of the site .He can delete account on feedback basis ,organize events ,manage advertisements. In short all sort of updation , maintenance is done by the admin.
* Worker:- This user is center of attention of our site .He registers for a particular skill/skills and later get work information via notification .His work calendar is maintained and he is rated(fedback) after every job .He can also join a contractor‟s group .He is also helped by site by providing awareness regarding his rights, health, etc.
* General public:-They are job providers .They register and later search workers as per their job requirements .They are supposed to have small work needs. After the work is complete they provide feedback which helps in quality check of worker.
* Contractor:- He is supposed to be the bulk work provider. He can form/register his own worker group as per his needs. He also provides feedback.
* The user login name should be unique and should contain more than 8 characters.
* Login name and password is used for the registered users .There is no facility for guest.
* Password should be a combination of letter, digits, symbols with at least 8 characters .
* Worker must have access to the internet and know the basics of internet, like registering for a portal.
* Worker has to constantly upgrade his work calendar .
* Workers wages are fixed according to his standards. No bargain.
2.12 Assumptions and Dependencies:-
* We are assuming that the unorganized sector has access to web and know the basics of
internet, like registering for a portal.
* Worker fills his work calendar properly.
* A user should have a valid identity proof
3. Specific Requirements:
3.1 Use Case Reports:
REGISTRATION will contain the attributes like (username, password, usertype).Usertype choose by the visitor will describe the visitors profile. Visitors profile can be Admin, Contractor, General public, Worker from unorganized sector. On registration he will be directed to the profile info page where he will have to fill all the details.
* For every usertype chosen, information to be filled has attributes (name, gender, age, address, e-mail, phone no, id-proof, etc).
* If usertype chosen represents WORKER then directed page will come with the information to be filled by worker correctly. Worker details will have attributes (worker id, education, Rating, comments, preferred work location, skills, experience, work calendar, charges).
* If usertype chosen represents CONTRACTOR then directed page will come with the information to be filled by customer correctly.
* If usertype chosen represents GENERAL PUBLIC then directed page will come with the information to be filled by general public correctly. General Public details will have attributes (work id, work detail, work location, work time, work title, customer id, and confirmation).
3.2 Supplementary Requirements:
1) Few open source software used for statistical purpose.
2) Macromedia player should be pre-installed.
3) 24 x 7 availability of server system.
4) Backup facilities should be available with enough space.
5) Provide the session maintaining capability.
6) The server has to provide a good performance during the peak hour.